head


Mixed Media Art

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Dozen Roses


This fabric panel was produced from my original mixed media art quilt--when you click this link, you'll see this quilt in three stages of its creation.

I created this quilt around Valentine's Day and was inspired by ideas of love and the bouquets of roses my husband has given me over the past Valentine's Days we celebrated together. 

This quilt was originally titled "Love You Forever" because that's the message given to me from my husband each time he gives me flowers.  I donated this quilt to the AAQI to help raise funds for Alzheimer's research.  This is my Artist Statement:

"Forgotten history, forgotten memories, forgotten birthdays, forgotten Christmases, forgotten holidays, forgotten . . . but . . . Love You Forever."   ~Fannie Narte

I changed the title from "Love You Forever" to "A Dozen Roses," but the sentiment remains the same--This image is still about "Love."

A Dozen Roses to remind you that I'll "Love You Forever" . . .

No comments: